Finger licking good, sticky and tasty, spicy and tangy, easy to make Pork Spare Ribs to die for!!!
For 2 whole rib cases you will need to do:
- Cut ribs to portions of 2-3 rids each
- Place them in a big pot, fill with cold water to cover the ribs, add 1tbsp salt for every 1lt water, 1/2cups white vinegar for every 4lt water and 4-5 bay leaves.
- Cover with lid and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer with pot open for 45 minutes.
- Turn heat of and allow ribs to cool off completely in the water (it took me 4 hours to do so)
- Remove ribs from water and drain. If you are going to refrigerate some ribs for later use, do it now. Store them in air tide container or zip-log bags and refrigerate or freeze.
- Prepare the BBQ basting sauce. I used 3 cups of Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce (you can use your favorite one), I added 1/3cups Worcestershire sauce, 1/4cups lemon juice and 1tsp chilli powder.
- Warm grill (I used smoker grill with hardwood blend pellets for smoke), place ribs on the grill bone down, grill for 6 minutes, turn over and grill for another 6 minutes, baste on both sides with BBQ basting sauce and grill for another 8 minutes on both sides. Repeat the process another 3 times.
- Finally and when basting sauce has caramelized, remove from the grill, brush once more with basting sauce, serve and enjoy.
Recipe: Chef Tony Kavalieros
YouTube video at: https://youtu.be/tuVSUbKRaKw