SPRING PACKAGE #1 May 16th to May 25th 2024
10 days, 7 nights in SITIA and 2 nights in ATHENS – WITH THEGREEKCHEF.US
3.450 euro per person
EXPERIENCE: NATURE – CULTURE – GASTRONOMY – HOSPITALITY
Sitia, a charming yet petite town situated in the easternmost part of Lasithi on the Greek island of Crete, serves as an excellent launching point for an intriguing exploration of the island’s most secluded area. Unlike some of the more touristy towns in Crete, Sitia boasts a tranquil, village-like ambiance. The region enjoys a pleasant climate throughout the year, characterized by predominantly warm and dry conditions, typical of eastern Crete.
Sitias Geopark, part of the Global Unesco heritage, offers amazing landscapes and walking paths, part of the European E4 path. Hundreds of caves, gorgers with streams and waterfalls.
The eastern part of Crete offers famous beaches like Vai Beach with the unique Palm forest, Mohlos Beach, Makris Yialos, Xerokampos, Kato Zakros, and more.
The house of the Arms in Sitia town, Casarma, 2 Minoan palaces, the Hamezi Folklore Museum, Toplou Monastery, Archeological Museum of Sitia, and the beautiful monastery of Kapsa. Music and Dancing is a big part of the Sitian culture.
Sitia is the home of the Cretan Extra Virgin Olive Oil with 40 million olive trees, more than 1200 species of herbs and edible wild greens, producers of some of the best vegetables and fruit in the country, meat and amazing dairy products, and restaurants that only offer traditional local cuisine.
“There is no other place in the world that gives you the genuine feeling of hospitality known as Hellenic ‘Filoxenia.’ Wherever you go, you will be greeted by smiling faces, and homes will open their doors for you. Their warm welcome will capture your heart forever.”
|Meeting Point Sitia Airport May 16th Thursday||
TheGreekChef.US Tony Kavalieros
Thursday, May 16th
Available flight to Sitia at 15:20 from Athens
Arrival time 16:45 OA
· Check in at your beautiful self-contained Apartments in Sitia. Chosen carefully for you to feel the whole experience of the Cretan Home and Hospitality, 5 minutes’ walk from the beach, and a 15-minute walk from the center of Sitia’s Town.
· A light lunch will be served at home at your arrival.
· Unpack, Rest, wet your feet in the beautiful Cretan Sea, or swim. Get acquainted with your surroundings.
· A Cretan welcome is waiting for you in the evening with “Mousaka”, “Pastichio”, Raki, and live Cretan music. Get you introduced to the rest of the group and go over the schedule..
Friday, May 17th
Saturday, May 18th
· Breakfast at home
· We depart at 10:30 with our luxury transportation for Toplou Monastery and winery to taste their amazing wines and honey.
· Next we visit the Palm Forest beach of Vai for a swim.
· A special seafood lunch at Kakavia Taverna in Chiona beach.
· Light dinner snacks and drinks at home.
Sunday, May 19th
· Breakfast at home
· Departure at 10:30 with our luxury transportation, to an Olive Oil Farm where you will have an EVOO tasting, EVOO food pairing, and a hike for collecting fresh herbs and botanies, led by a licensed guide and specialist in the Cretan mountains.
· Back in Sitia for a rest.
· Dinner in Sitias Town
· Clubbing after dinner at Sitia by night
Monday, May 20th
Tuesday, May 21st
Wednesday, May 22nd
· This morning breakfast will be my treat at Kafe-Café in the port of Sitia, with amazing Nerates and other specialties made by Diamanti
· A free day for you to do your souvenir shopping around town, rest and pack your luggage ready for tomorrows departure
· Enjoy a last night get together at home with food and drinks to say our farewell
Thursday, May 23rd
Departure time 09:20 from Sitia Arrives 10:25 in Athens
· Early morning departure to the airport for your return to Athens or connecting destinations back home filled with fantastic memories
· Our partner will meet you in Athens airport and take you to your Hotel in the center of Athens.
· After check-in the rest of the day is yours to explore Plaka, Monastiraki and Psiri
Friday, May 24th
· Breakfast at the hotel
· A visit to The Parthenon, The Acropolis Museum, and a bus tour through the center of Athens most historical city points with a professional tour guide.
· Dinner at one of the best restaurants in Thesion
Saturday, May 25th
· Breakfast at the hotel (if your flight departure time allows it)
· Transport to the airport for your departure
- Your domestic flights from Athens to Sitia and Sitia Athens with Aegean/OA
- The Greek Chef US, Tony Kavalieros as your personal culinary host in Sitia from day one until your departure.
- 8 nights’ accommodation at Dimitras Apartments, double room/apartment sharing. Chosen carefully for you to feel the whole experience of the Cretan Home and Hospitality, 5 minutes’ walk from the beach, and a 15-minute walk from the center of Sitia’s Town.
- All breakfasts and snacks in Sitia
- Lunches including wine, beer, soft drinks, and bottled water in Sitia.
- 1 picnic at the olive farm in Sitia
- Dinners including wine, beer, soft drinks, and bottled water in Sitia.
- Land transport with a luxury bus in Sitia as well on arrival from and to the Sitia airport.
- 2 cooking hands-on workshops
- 2 cooking classes demonstrations
- All admission fees to historical sites in Crete as well as an English-speaking guide.
- Air tickets to and from your destination to Athens and back home.
- Hard Liquor beverages
- Purchased products.
- Any other private excursions out of schedule
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The specific tour is not suggested for children under the age of 8.
- The Experiences depend on conditions and factors beyond our control, and they may, consequently, be modified at any time. In such a case, we shall use our best efforts to promptly inform the Participant in the most appropriate manner.
- All Participants are required to disclose, at the time of booking, or in any case prior to the commencement of the Experience, whether the Participant suffers from any medical condition that may prevent the Participant from undertaking the Experience, including but not limited to epilepsy, dizziness, limb or back injury, angina or other heart condition, food allergy, dietary requirements or restrictions, severe or uncontrolled asthma, visual impairment, depression or recovering from recent surgery.
- Given the nature of our Experiences, we are not in the position to guarantee that all nutritional requirements will be met; however, we will make every reasonable effort to meet your needs. Note that the Cretan cuisine is at least 65% vegan and vegetarian and you will have the choice.
- We do not include personal insurance with our Experiences. We recommend that Participants purchase individually their own travel insurance (or ask their travel agent). We will not be held liable for services provided by third parties.
- Make sure you bring with your swimming suits, sea shoes, comfortable walking/hiking shoes, a hat, your favorite sunscreen cream, your camera or video recorder.
- Group size will be kept to maximum 12 persons only.
- Special arrangements for a private group tour as less as 4 persons.
ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE
- On tour, you’ll bond with other culturally curious travelers over worthy moments, and you’ll head home with a bunch of new, adventurous friends.
- We’ll introduce you to locals where they live and work (private homes, vineyards, and farms). You’ll try your hand at their trades, from pasta and bread making to seasonal fruit picking.
- When you travel with us, you won’t have to figure out where to stay and eat, or worry about how to get from one place to the next. We’ll do it all for you.
- Your personal host “The Greek Chef US” (chef Tony) will be with you all the way, to help you understand the Greek culture, introduce you to the locals, cook traditional dishes with you and make sure your experience will be the best you ever had.
BOOKING AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- To organize and carry out the Experience and to offer the proposed services, we pay in advance and beforehand considerable amounts of money and undertake specific compensation obligations in the event of cancellations, either in whole or in part.
- Cancellation requests must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and are not considered valid until we confirm receipt of the same in writing. The date on which the cancellation request is received by us will determine the cancellation fees applicable.
- In order to reserve your space a 30% payment is needed on booking.
- The full balance must be deposited by April 16th 2024.
- If reservation is made after April 16th 2024, the full amount must be deposited
- Before 1 calendar month from the scheduled commencement date of the Experience: €400€ of the down payment will not be returned. The remaining deposit amount will be returned.
- From 15 to 29 days prior to the scheduled commencement date of the Experience: 30% cancellation fee of the total cost of the Experience.
- From 8 and up to 14 days prior to the scheduled commencement date of the Experience: 50% cancellation fee of the total cost of the Experience.
- Less than 7 days prior to the scheduled commencement date of the Experience, or in case of no-show: 100% cancellation fee of the total cost of the Experience.
- Refunds will be returned within 60 days of the cancellation date, minus any transfer fees or credit card charges.